Monday, February 27, 2012

The Russian Doll

It recently hit me that I have not updated my loyal readers for some time. So here it goes.

We shall begin with a bit of a funny story. A friend and I were in a hurry last week to make it to a hair appointment and neither of us was satisfied with what we had walked out of the house in. She had worn jeans with a blue t-shirt and red jacket and was not satisfied with the way the three items looked together. I, on the other hand, walked out in black leggings, boots and a tank top with a tan sweater. I am not the tiniest of girls (I mean reason my cooking blog is called "the curvy chef") and do not regularly wear leggings with shorter tops.

I told my friend I felt like my outfit indicated I belonged on a street corner, but she attempted to boost my confidence letting me know it did not look that bad. We then boarded a bus towards our destination. We exited the bus onto the sidewalk of a somewhat busy street. After walking for a moment or two, three guys pulled up and proceeded to roll down the windows of their car to yell "Hey, divitchka". This is the equivalent of saying, "hey, doll" in Russian. Upon hearing this, I turned to my friend trying not to laugh and said, "Not that bad, eh?" I have since bought some longer tops to wear with leggings.

More short stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment